This video explains the aspects of pronunciation that are considered during the IELTS Speaking section, which includes word stress, prosodic stress in the sentence, intonation and grouping. If you are interested in the other three criteria, please visit their corresponding section:
To improve your pronunciation, we recommend the following steps:
- Find out how English intonation and accent differ from the phrases in your native language.
- Consult a dictionary to confirm the correct word if you are not sure.
- Listening to a variety of authentic English sources will help you become familiar with a number of pronunciation features.
- Don't rush your speech and record yourself when you speak.
- The face-to-face IELTS Speaking test encourages you to develop skills that you will need to interact with English speakers.
You should be prepared for the format of the Speaking test and know what type of questions to expect in each section. We have practice tests and IELTS Coach to prepare you for the test.