Our wide range of free study materials covers grammar and vocabulary as well as materials which will help you to develop your skills for the writing, reading, listening and speaking sections of the IELTS exam. Our comprehensive materials are designed especially for those taking the IELTS English exam which means after preparing with British Council IELTS resources, you will know what to expect on the day of your exam. Even if you have an advanced level of English, we would reccommend that you take the time to study using our IELTS preparation materials.
Our IELTS online materials follow the same structure as the English IELTS test so that you can familiarise yourself with the format and prepare well for the different exercises and questions which form part of each section. If you are taking IELTS on computer, we reccomend that you use the practice materials which are designed specifically for that format.
Don't know how to start preparing for IELTS? Follow this guide to preparing for IELTS...
- Preparation materials (free)
- Webinars (free)
- IELTS course: Understanding IELTS (free)
- IELTS course: Road to IELTS (free when you book your exam with the British Council)
- Mobile applications (free)
- Online practice test for Academic and General Training - without score (free)
- Online practice test for UKVI and Life Skills - without score (free)
- IELTS Progress Check - online practice test with score (paid)