Please note that this is the IELTS (Academic and General Training) English exam cancellation and refund policy. Check the cancellation and refund policy for IELTS UKVI.
Cancellation or rescheduling of your IELTS English test
- Your registration may be canceled if we do not receive confirmation of payment before the deadline for registration, or within the following time periods after your online reservation: IELTS on Computer: 24 hours. Keep in mind that if you register three days before or the day on which registration closes, these time periods do not apply and we require that you send us the payment immediately.
- The identity document must be uploaded correctly before the deadline to register for the IELTS exam; otherwise, your IELTS test will be carried over to the next available session and you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you cancel your exam registration at least 5 weeks before the date of your IELTS exam, you will receive a refund of 75%.
- If you cancel your registration during the 5 weeks prior to the IELTS exam, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- In the case that you miss one or more of the IELTS exam components due to exceptional medical reasons, military service or the death of a family member, you will be offered a refund or date rescheduling (you will be obliged to pay a 25% of the exam's cost as an administrative charge), it is necessary that you present appropriate evidence no later than 3 days after the written examination submission date. The medical excuse must be submitted with an English translation.
It is important to highlight that IELTS requires you to sit all four sections of the IELTS exam; otherwise, the candidate will not receive any results.
To check whether your refund or transfer request can be approved, you must send an email to email@example.com along with your evidence. We must receive your application and the appropriate documents for the reasons mentioned above within the stipulated time.
Remember that we do not accept medical excuses issued by family members.
If you need to cancel your IELTS test please contact your exam center as soon as possible:
Customer services line
Tel: 56 2 32102355
Ricardo Lyon 222, oficina 2001, Providencia, Santiago
Tel: 56 2 24106900
British Council - Instituto Chileno Britanico de Cultura
Santa Lucía 124, Santiago
Tel: 56 2 24132064
British Council - English UC
Av. Jaime Guzman Errazuriz 3300, Providencia, Santiago
Tel: 56 2 23545036